Make it easier for customers to download and install your software—DigiCert Code Signing Certificate secures your software and reduces warning messages
The DigiCert Code Signing Certificate allows you to digitally sign your software, apps and drivers with an encrypted digital signature, so that users can verify who the publisher is and know that the code wasn't tampered with. This certificate comes with loads of benefits, but maybe none more important than a safer and more secure experience for both you and the users downloading your code. You're sure to improve your download/install rates with this superior trust and protection.
Reduce Warning Messages
A key benefit to signing your code with the DigiCert Code Signing Certificate is that you will see a reduction in warning messages popping up during the download of your software. That's because of the safety and security this certificate provides—Windows and other platforms don't show "Unknown Publisher" warnings on software signed with this certificate. This reduction in warning messages is also sure to improve your download rates. And don't take our word for it – take a look at the difference below.
OV vs. EV Product Comparison
The DigiCert Code Signing Certificate is an affordable certificate that offers many benefits (as you read above). However, there's an option that's even more powerful—you can upgrade to the most effective type of code signing certificate with the DigiCert Extended Validation (EV) Code Signing Certificate. This EV cert comes with a few advantages the OV version does not have. This includes:
- Removal of Microsoft SmartScreen error messages – The Microsoft SmartScreen® Application Reputation filter is a notoriously pesky filter that can be difficult to build trust with. The DigiCert EV Code Signing Certificate instantly builds trust with the filter!
- Higher level of security
– With the use of two-factor authentication (password and encrypted USB token), your private key is well-protected, keeping your users safe and avoiding hassle/liability.
Encrypted digital signature
Requires validation of organization
Instant Microsoft SmartScreen reputation
Uses hardware token for added security
OV Code Signing
$562.50 per year
$558.37 per year
EV Code Signing
$775.67 per year
$769.25 per year
Why Buy from CheapSSLsecurity.com
- We use the word cheap for a reason, because you will not find better prices on the market!
- We're so confident you'll love our products and prices, we back it up with a 15-day worry-free money back guarantee!
- We offer a great range of products from 6 premier cybersecurity brands!
Digicert Code Signing Features & Benefits
- Both you and your users will have a greater peace of mind knowing your software, apps or drivers are tamper-proofed with our encrypted digital signature.
- Improve brand integrity and user trust by allowing users to verify who you are before download.
- Sleep soundly knowing your code signing certificate is signed by the widely-trusted DigiCert roots – an industry leading CA trusted by 89% of the Fortune 500.
- See a reduction in warning messages, which is sure to improve download rates!
- An optional timestamp feature lets users see your digital signature even after your certificate expires.
- Impress potential partners and distributors with a state-of-the-art code signing certificate that shows a commitment to security and quality.